Blog Surfer

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Dressing up your kid's art...

I never thought I'd be one of those sentimental moms who wants to keep every stick drawing and painting her kid brings home from school. But I am. While some of Natalia's artwork winds up in the trash or recycling bin, most of her creations are either in a storage box or collecting dust in a basket until I plunk down more money online.

The rest of Natalia's stuff is on display in the house. I know there's all sorts of things you can with your kids art these days - Parents.com has some great suggestions - but nothing beats a great frame. This beauty from Homegoods makes this portrait of our dog Roxy look fancy. I liked this so much it's on my husband's nightstand in our bedroom.


The sketch below is in my home office. I usually buy white table top frames so I can set them next to personal photos.


When Natalia brought home this gigantic map I didn't know what the heck to do with it. It's so large there's no way to store it unless it's rolled up and put in a closet. So, I grabbed a frame from Michaels and hung it in our guest bathroom.


Three down, countless more to go!





No comments: