Blog Surfer

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Anything but pink...


Natalia isn't the kind of girl who worships princesses, Barbie dolls and Disney fairy tales. Her Christmas list rarely contains anything frilly or pink. Natalia's the kind of kid who has to be told to wash her hands so her fingernails don't look like a mechanics. The kind of kid I have to talk into wearing any shade that even resembles pink. The kind of kid who rather skip a shower so the syrup and school glue can set in her hair. And you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way.


Now, that she's eight she understands that she has to take some time groom herself so she's half-way presentable but she knows I don't expect her to look perfect.  So, nowadays she does make an attempt to clean up for school but I let her slide at other times. I don't want her to ever obsess over her appearance. That's one of the many reasons I'm obsessed with the folks over at Goldie Blox an awesome company that creates cool stuff for all girls...not just girls like Natalia. Although the feisty blonde with the hammer in this commercial for their new action figure below sure reminds me of her...

No comments: